The following amendments are submitted to the 2012 Rule book.
UU. STEERING COMPONENTS AND BRAKES
15. One fan or blower will be permitted to be used in the brake cooling hose per front wheel only No brake blowers or ducts permitted on rear wheels. Fans or blowers must be mounted in a way as to draw air to the brakes. Fans or blowers must be mounted to the frame rails and may be no lower than the bottom of the frame rail. Mounting of brake cooling components must be acceptable to UARA Officials.
16. Liquid or gas cooling of the brakes is not permitted.
17. Headlight openings may be used to pick up air for brake cooling.
18. Brake fluid recirculation systems will not be permitted.
19. Adjustable brake bias handle may be placed in cockpit within drivers reach.
20. Inline brake adjustments allowed in cockpit.
21. Brake ducts may not attach to radiator duct work.
22. No Ducts air directing or baffling shall be permitted from behind the front spindles to the trailing edge of the rear bumper.
23. No ducting of air to tires on either the front or rear wheels from any part of the car shall be permitted.
After reviewing the 2012 rookie of the year competitors and the distance that some travel the UARA is lifting the 5 day test rule for 2011 rookie drivers at four events per year .The test dates will be at the discretion the Rookie teams. Teams must get approval from the UARA one week prior to testing. Teams may test only one car per session.
Any team not getting permission from the UARA shall forfeit any further test. Only two test sessions per team will be allowed per year
This applies for 2012 REGISTERED ROOKIE DRIVERS ONLY and is available only on events that we have an open practice the day before the event.
PROTEST and INSPECTION
10. Any part or measurement that is accessible by removal of above-mentioned parts also may be inspected and ruled upon by speedway officials and management will resolve any disagreement over technical questions or decisions. A written appeal, accompanied by a $500.00 filing fee, may be filed with the UARA Competition Director before leaving the speedway When their decision is rendered it is final and binding and no further discussion will take place
This General Rule section
10. Any disagreement over technical questions or decisions will be resolved by UARA officials and management but may be appealed in writing to the UARA Competition Committee along with a $500.00 filing fee, may be filed with the UARA Competition Director before leaving the speedway
When their decision is rendered it is final and binding and no further discussion will take place.
1.Only one piece solid aluminum open hole carburetor spacer, a minimum 0.950” maximum 1.000” in thickness,may be installed between intake manifold and carburetor on built motors. No spacer permitted on Dodge
2.One piece solid aluminum open hole spacer maximum 1.000 in thickness will be permitted on GM Crate Ford Crate
Underlined is the changes made to this amendment